Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Catching up on the ordinary

George got his first bee sting yesterday at the playground.



After my initial worry that he would have an allergic reaction (he didn't, thank goodness), I could not have been more proud of my boy.  He cried, of course, but he was a terrific sport about the whole ordeal.  By nap time, he had forgotten it happened.  That was about the time that my heartbeat slowed down to a respectable pace and I could stop checking his breathing every five minutes.

*********************************************************************

Haircuts!



I am somewhat envious of Frances's ability to pull off the most adorable bob I've ever seen.  With good behavior comes reward--playing with Mr and Mrs Potato Head at the local Great Clips.





**********************************************************************

The kids aren't the only ones who have had a recent haircut.



He looks ridiculous, but it was very necessary.  Marshall's beard was starting to take on a life of its own.

***********************************************************************

A typical afternoon scene.



All three kids waiting at the door for Gram-E to come visit.

***********************************************************************

Another typical scene.



Frances's shoes without their owner.  I think she would be barefoot the entire day if I let her.

***********************************************************************

Frances's interpretation of Minnie Mouse.



She wanted me to send it off to Disney World as a "Thank You" note for our June visit; but they're just going to have to wait, oh, ten years or so until I'm ready to let it go.  

************************************************************************

Post-dentist check-up milkshakes at Chick-fil-A.



I know, I know - concentrated sugar might defeat the purpose of the teeth cleaning.  But they were so good at the dentist and I so needed a giant diet lemonade to get me through the rest of the day.

************************************************************************

A typical summer afternoon scooting down the street.




These are the moments that I am certain, and sooner than I would like, I will miss so much my heart will ache.  Thank you for letting a sappy mother share them here!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment