Monday, July 9, 2012

A little of what we've been up to


Will’s parents hosted a birthday celebration this past weekend:



Will’s mother also prepared a “seashore” dessert, perfect for little helping hands:



I can’t help but call this little guy Baby Justin, but he’s much more boy than baby now:



________________________________________________

Nana stayed with us for several days last week during Lynchburg’s blackout. 




Nine days after the storm (and nine days into 100+ degree temperatures), my parents finally have power back.  I’m not sure they ever want to leave the lovely confines of their air conditioned house again.

_________________________________________________

My mother’s departing gift to me:




“Thank you” flowers.  It doesn’t get much more beautiful than pink roses in full bloom.

__________________________________________________

Sometimes, at the end of one of “those” days, it is easier to just let the kids run around in their underpants:




What is it about disrobing that creates instant energy and happiness in children?

George, the blur.  I can't help it - George in his undies makes me smile.


____________________________________________

Will’s sweet Aunt Alison just recently passed away; we celebrated her life a week ago today:

George, Alison and Grandma Lee (June 2011)



I only knew her these last 10 years, but she was a remarkable person.  Her memorial service was filled with lovely words from those who loved her, a testament that she touched so many.  We will miss you always, Aunt Alison!

___________________________________________________

Frances drew this picture of the two of us:





I am most impressed with the eyebrows.  I think she kind of nailed them.

____________________________________________________

T minus 3 days until Spain:





I’m going to miss my little munchkins (who, wouldn’t you know it, are behaving like angels this week), but I’m very, very excited about our upcoming adventures.  I am most worried about George, my little shadow, but I know he will be in good hands:



In ten days’ time, he will no doubt become Nana’s little shadow.

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment