Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

That was one of my favorite Christmas books growing up and I had to figure out a way to use the title for one of my posts.  This is as close as I could get.

Last night Frances had her Christmas concert for school.  It was her first one and the school’s first time having one – and for a night of “firsts” the show went fairly smoothly for all involved.

Each class sang one song a cappella starting with the 2 ½-year-olds singing “Santa Claus, Santa Claus”


The 3-year-olds singing “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”


The 3 ½ year olds singing “Jingle Bells”


And finally the 4-year-olds singing “Frosty the Snowman”


We were in the very back because George hadn’t been in the best of moods all day and I thought we would very likely need a quick escape route, so my pictures are fuzzy at best; but I was able to get some “behind the scenes” moments:

The first thing they all wanted to do was to take OFF the costumes.


Frances and Carissa

And speaking of George, he was a perfect angel the entire show (believe me, this was unexpected), clapping at all the right moments and enjoying a prime viewing spot during Frances’s big performance:

The only time he fussed was when it ended.
And for the record, I put this sweater on George thinking it was Christmas-themed. 
At the concert he kindly (and loudly) pointed out to me that he had "COWS!" on his sweater. 
But now I am wondering if they are Christmas cows?

A big "thank you!" to Will's parents for coming.  I'm sure they thought this duty had ended thirty years ago.

The entire concert lasted 30 minutes (bless them!) and the kids got to keep their costumes.  I can only imagine the various manifestations of Frosties I will be seeing throughout the day today; if Daddy is willing to share the costume that is:

Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment