Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mother!

Today my beautiful mother turns 70 years old.



She will hate me for pointing out her exact age, but I can't help it.  I am so proud of her health, vitality and youthful glow at what used to be thought of as an advanced age.  But I think she proves that 70 is the new 50!  I can only hope I have inherited those incredible genes.

My mother came over last weekend and I feel so lucky to have seen her so close to her special day.  I take for granted sometimes how easy it is for us to see each other - we just hop in the car and 2 1/2 hours later we're pulling into the other's driveway.  We've both been busier than normal recently, so those easy trips are becoming less frequent.  But they are still always a possibility and I love that.

And I'm not the only one who loves it when she visits.



Happy, happy birthday to my greatest role model!

And I can't end this post without wishing one of my best friends, Brooke, a happy birthday, too!

Brooke, me and Julie.  This picture was taken five (!!) years ago, but I'd like to think we haven't changed a bit.


How can we not be soul sisters when you share a birthday with my mother.  I wish I could give you a big hug today, my friend.

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment