Friday, October 18, 2013

Las Vegas

That's right, friends.  This frumpy, LL Bean-wearing, mother of two actually visited Las Vegas last weekend to help celebrate this lovely lady:



Eileen, one of my best friends from college, is getting married in December in Barcelona and I can't go (still in mourning over that!).  But her work colleagues threw her a spectacular bachelorette party in Las Vegas and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to help her celebrate.



It was my first time in Sin City and although it's not my cup of tea it has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember.  The hotels are spectacular:

The view of the Paris hotel (where we stayed) from the Bellagio during one of its famous fountain shows.
Inside the Bellagio's garden room that they change seasonally.  The autumn fairyland was amazing - Frances and George would have loved it.  


The Venetian's famous gondolas.

Saturday night, the girls went on a pub crawl to various hot spots (I bowed out after the first spot so I could catch up on some sleep).  Sunday, Eileen and I walked up and down the strip, ducking into those famous landmarks to catch a glimpse of what everyone talks about.

Sunday evening, we went to the "Jubilee" show and to an incredible Thai restaurant for dinner (no one can deny Vegas has some of the best food out there).

Jubilee - headdresses and 1950s-era songs.  Classic Las Vegas.


And Monday was spent on the very long journey home.

A four-hour layover in Atlanta meant I walked the underground tunnel.  Twice.


Thank you, Eileen, for including me!  And an even bigger thank you for letting me sleep a little more than the rest of you.

My last view of the strip - as the plane was taking off.


Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment