Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Catching up

Somehow another week has come and gone since Will's big partnership news (and my last blog update).  Don't worry; his new status hasn't gone to his head.  Yet.  In fact, this is a more accurate portrayal of how he ends each day:

Dramatic interpretation, of course.  I'm thinking he should keep his day job.


It's considered a victory just to make it home before the rest of us are in bed.

****************************************************************

We celebrated Frances's 6th birthday with an indoor pool party at our local gym.



They did a fantastic job, complete with a clown, games, cake, party favors, and lots (and lots) of swimming.  We sent 10 very tired children home to their parents--our gift to them!






****************************************************************

True to form (for some torturous reason?), I ran a race the morning of Frances's party.


2013 Richmond Half-Marathon.  Happy to have that over!


The kids and Will surprised me at the finish line, which really was a perfect way to end.  I usually insist they stay at home because of the confusion, cold (and this year, rainy) weather, and generally non-family friendly atmosphere.  But I have to admit, it made my morning to see these three faces cheering for me during that last 'sprint.'



******************************************************************

When Nana visits, everyone gets new clothes.



Marshall, our now hairless dog (due to an overzealous groomer), has a new winter sweater.  I'm wondering in what other ways we can humiliate this poor boy between now and Christmas.

******************************************************************

First daddy/daughter dance at Frances's school!



And as it turns out, it was neither a dance nor just daughters.  But according to both parties involved, it was still a great evening at the school gym--games, desserts, and lots of Frances's adorable little friends. Frances may be shy like her mother, but she is a true social butterfly.  I admire her ease at making and keeping wonderful friends.

*******************************************************************

George, our resident clown.




The other evening, Will and I went into another room (away from the children) to talk about something in private.  When we returned, Frances asked what we were talking about.  I replied, "We were just talking about adult things, sweetheart."  George asks, "What; like, 'underpants.'"

Proudly (and quite manly, I'd say) wearing his sister's sunglasses.


Life with a boy.

******************************************************************

Frances has a new crush this year.



Connor was the only boy from her school invited to her party.  I'm guessing the secret is out, but just in case it's still a secret you didn't hear it from me!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment