Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Saddle up, Partner!

It's been a big week in the Homiller household.  Frances turned six on Monday (which she reminds us on a daily basis) and after many long, hardworking, tireless years with the same firm, Will was elected partner yesterday!



I took this picture over two years ago during one of his all-nighters.  I have a feeling there will many more of those to come because as one of my law school friends wisely commented, making partner at a big law firm is like winning a pie-eating contest where the prize is more pie.

In so many ways, I feel like Will's success is our family's success.  When I stopped working two and a half years ago, we knew that we were putting all of our eggs in one basket.  Rather than spreading ourselves paper thin with two ambitious attorney jobs, two children in daycare, and four very stressed, ragged household members, we knew it would be best for the family to focus on one career.  And I can safely say that I have never once regretted that decision.

Congratulations to the smartest, most dedicated person I know.  No one deserves this more than you!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment