Monday, December 23, 2013

More Christmas cheer

With our record high temperatures this weekend (approaching 80 degrees - wacky!), in true Homiller fashion we spent most of our time outside.




Feeding the ducks at University of Richmond.  It really never gets old for these two.  



Or all three of them, I should say.

The one downside to beautiful, warm weather in December is that I already have spring fever.

Of course a balmy, breezy evening is the absolute best time to head out to Lewis Ginter and see their incredible Christmas light display.

The best picture I could get with a very distracted little brother.

The model trains were incredible.


And it did not disappoint.



My favorite little window display - "Home is where the heart is."  Yes it is!


I thought last Christmas these two were the perfect ages to experience the magic of the season, but this year is even more fun.  George is beside himself every time (no exaggeration.  every. time.) he sees lights, inflatable Santas, the Elf on the Shelf, the advent calendar, a Christmas tree, or anything at all resembling a holiday decoration.  And Frances spends much of her quiet time creating handmade Christmas cards for everyone in the family, including Marshall.



If I can't write again until after the big night, I want to wish everyone a Merry, Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2014.  I hope Santa is good to all and that you are surrounded by the love of friends, family and the spirit of the season.  



Love, The Homillers!


No comments:

Post a Comment