Thursday, January 2, 2014

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Almost Weekend!

How's that for a Cliff's Notes version of the last month or so?  It feels as though I blinked and the holiday season was already over and I have yet to share it with any of you.

First things first, Santa Claus CAME!






And while Will and I had no doubt he would, I think George was genuinely concerned for a minute or two whether he would leave anything other than ashes and switches.



Both kids were overjoyed with Christmas morning, but as I put Frances to bed that night she gently and quietly informed me that she did get more gifts from Santa than George (which, by the way, is very unlikely).  I had to smile.  As good as she is and as mischievous as George can be, I think she wanted to make sure that her good behavior had paid off in a tangible way.



But before Santa, we spent Christmas Even with Will's parents where Frances picked up her favorite gift of the season--an iPod.



She's been asking for one for the last three years and I could never quite grasp what she would do with it.  But now it seems completely obvious--total control over which Disney movie music she will hear next, of course.

Later than evening, we went to Christmas Eve church service--my very favorite part of the year.  I'm not sure there is anything more beautiful than "Silent Night" sung in only candlelight.



And as if we needed any more excitement, Frances lost her second tooth during Christmas Eve dinner.



But as it turns out, the Tooth Fairy takes Christmas Eve off; so she showed up the next night.

My parents came over Christmas Day in time for lunch with Maggie and Calvin, upping our Bichon to person ratio.





They then escaped for three nights to visit my sister and her family and we took care of the doggies.  I could not have done it without Frances and George's help.



They love those fluffy white messes (Marshall included).

And now George and I are enjoying a quiet New Year's week while Frances is in Lynchburg for her favorite part of the year--seven days with Nana and Pop.  By all accounts, she is having a blast and my mother has already offered to keep her forever and register her in the local public school.  And while Will and I wouldn't hear of it, there is one person who would miss her most of all.

I'm not really sure when George turned seven (or at least started looking seven).
Be still my fluttering heart.


Happy New Year, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment