Friday, July 15, 2011

Pool daze

First, thank you so much to those of you who gave me such great advice on an e-reader.  My deliberation has turned from whether I should get one to which one I should get.   Kindle seems to be the clear winner thus far (as in everyone has said to get a Kindle rather than a Nook), so I am off to Best Buy tomorrow to check out my options.  And I’m very excited!

But until then…

If you ever wonder where Frances, George and I are during these hot, sunny days, chances are you can find us here:


This is our neighborhood pool, although it’s much more than that.  We are very fortunate to have an ACAC gym within walking distance from our home.  For my fellow UVa alumn-ers, ACAC is the same company that runs the UVa system – yes, they are awesome.  The gym itself is huge, but the pool is our summer highlight with two slides, a splash pool with a gradual entry, fountains, buckets that drop water, and lots of shade (a blessing for our fair family).

There is a playground:



A huge chess set:


And great private swim lessons:

Frances with Mr. Eric, her swim teacher.  Can you tell how much she loved her lessons?



And there's my little fish in action.


As much as Frances loves to swim, she resisted swim lessons.  In the end, she did great and I am so proud of her for sticking with something that wasn’t her favorite.


Next year – George.  Poor Mr. Eric.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment