Thursday, November 10, 2011

Backyard

Earlier today, Frances, George and I ventured to one of our favorite places for a morning out – Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens.  I took my camera knowing that the leaves would be stunning (and they were incredible) and then proceeded to leave the camera in the car.  So, you’ll just have to take my word for it that I would have taken some award-winning photos of autumn foliage.  Can you picture it now? 

But as we were driving home I started noticing how dazzling the trees were everywhere—a gorgeous orange-red maple right next to the Exxon station; an incredible yellow birch arching over the exit ramp to 95S; ordinary neighborhood streets lined with nearly every color of the rainbow; and our very own house surrounded by subtle beauty:

My girl on her last day as a three-year-old:

My solidly two-year-old little boy:

I find it amazing that a trip to one of the most beautiful botanical gardens can help you appreciate what you have in your own backyard:

And PS to all of you local Richmond-folk – Lewis Ginter was already setting up for their amazing Christmas garden lights tour.  If you haven’t been, it is an absolute must see particularly if you have children (and admittedly Will and I went for three years in a row even before we had children).

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment