Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Reminiscing, Yosemite-style

(Yes, I know; I am not quite young cool enough to be using such hip blog language in my title.  I thought I’d experiment a bit in attempt to make myself seem younger cooler.  Now I realize that I only sound 35 very, very uncool.  But I digress…)

My parents are vacationing this week in California—specifically in San Francisco and Yosemite National Park.  And since I can’t actually be with them on what is surely a great trip, I’ve been using their adventures as an excuse to look through our pictures from when Will and I went in May of 2007 (pre-Frances, but she was moving and kicking inside my growing tummy). 

We flew in and out of San Francisco, so we spent a few days on either end of our trip in the “Golden Gate City.”  I loved San Francisco; but I’m not sure I truly relaxed until we went mid-week to Yosemite National Park:


To say that this place will change you is no understatement:


Shortly after returning from this trip I read an article emphasizing the importance of getting out in nature as much as possible.  Just being in and among trees, animals, massive mountains and natural water features calms the human spirit; it helps us realize that we are both physically small and yet hugely impactful in keeping this incredible world as beautiful as we found it.

I really could go on and on about how incredible this place is, but I'll stop for fear of sounding insincere or overly-sentimental.  Of course if anyone wants a personal speech from me via email, let me know!


And it is beautiful, isn’t it.  Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment