Friday, March 2, 2012

A typical Friday night in most preschool households


Friday night dance parties have taken on a slightly different meaning since law school.




We’ve replaced Britney and Ice Cube with Rapunzel and Ariel, but overall the crowd is more contained and somewhat less whiny (maybe).  I do miss the margarita machine.


I have to admit (and breathe a sigh of relief) that the Disney soundtracks are fairly clever.  Have any of you listened the “The Little Mermaid” score all the way through?  “Under the Sea,” “Kiss the Girl,” even the villainous “Poor Unfortunate Souls” are all great songs, even the 50th time you’ve heard them.  Of course, I haven’t been privy to any adult music in approximately four years so I would recommend taking any critical advice I have with a very large grain of salt.  And there I go missing the margarita machine again.


I’ve also noticed after looking through the above pictures that I must have looked a lot like my son at our old dance parties—having fun, but keep it moving so as to be a constant blur.  Frances’s expression is a lot like Will’s (“what IS she doing?  I thought I was supposed to be leading”).


Happy, happy Friday to everyone!  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment