Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A little bit of everything


Will recently installed a clothes line to take advantage of the upcoming sweltering months.  So far, the line has been usurped by a certain four-year-old who, with the help of her daddy, washed and hung all of her baby clothes.



As of today, these clothes have been taken down, folded and put away all by Frances.  She already has another armful waiting for the next wash.  Am I the only mother of a true girly-girl who constantly asks herself, “Where does this little being come from?”

*********************************************************
George and Max, breaking in our lawn and two bare feet for the summer months.



For the first time in many, many years we have a (mostly) grass-filled yard thanks entirely to our new sprinkler system, a fantastic yard service, and Will’s stellar grass-cutting skills.  I imagine there will be many more barefoot pictures this season.

**********************************************************

I’ll give you three guesses which of these three pigs George insists on taking to bed at night.



Unlike my girl, I do not have to wonder whose son George is, stubbornness and all.  Although I am equally impressed by his steadfast nature when he wakes up after an 11 hour slumber with the quarter-sized pig still in his tight, little fist.

***********************************************************

If you live anywhere near the Richmond area, you will recognize the below picture:



We have been plagued by what I initially thought were small, sort of cute inchworms, but what have actually turned out to be growing black caterpillars.  Blech.  They are everywhere, including hanging from tiny webs from all of our local trees that you don’t notice until you plunge headfirst into them and realize you now have 5 or 6 of the little buggers crawling all over you.  I think I may have even swallowed one the other day at the neighborhood playground when I was trying my best to have a civilized conversation with a new friend.  It was all I could do to not dry-heave my way through the rest of the day.

****************************************************

Inspired by my recent organization and simplicity books, I’ve decided our little family is going to be as paperless as possible, starting with no more paper napkins.




Using cloth napkins does seem to add a hint of apparent sophistication even to breakfast, and I love that we’re finally using some of our wedding gifts that have gone essentially untouched all of these years.  Oh, and please file this idea (along with the many others) under the category, “Will is the most understanding husband.”  He has yet to question any of my grandiose plans on how to ‘improve’ our lives; although I did detect some hesitation when I asked him if we really needed cable TV.  Once I realized this meant no more Bravo’s The Rachel Zoe Project, I quickly retracted my question and Will breathed a silent sigh of relief (no doubt the one and only time Will appreciated Bravo's reality show lineup).

***********************************************************

Marshall and Max finally received their much overdue haircuts.




I am enjoying kissing their sweet-smelling little heads and they are enjoying finally being able to see every cat, dog, squirrel, chipmunk, falling leaf, or any other moving object that gives them the perfect excuse to bark.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment