Friday, March 1, 2013

This and that


**Thank you all so much for your messages about my neck!  It’s feeling much better today and will (hopefully) continue to improve as the days go on.  I wouldn’t wish that kind of soreness on anyone, but it’s always nice to have friends and family who cater to your pitiful need for sympathy : )**

Frances’s Kindergarten class had a Valentine’s party two weeks ago:



Parents and siblings were invited to attend.  George and I aren’t one to turn down an afternoon of Oreo cookies.



Frances’s teacher, Mrs. Linkous.  



She adores her, I adore her.  If only she could be her teacher forever (or at least through elementary school).  Sometimes I think those one-room schoolhouses were on to something.

*********************************************************************

A day in the life of Marshall


1.  A nap in the sunshine, if available


2.  Dinner



And that’s about it.

*********************************************************************

Frances and George pretending to run so I could take their picture.




I think they should keep their day jobs.

And an actual action shot for good measure.



Frances was racing; George was the finish line.  I’m sure you can envision how this scene ended.

**********************************************************************

The extent of any privacy I get during the day.




A closed door with two sets of hands immediately on the other side.  And I wouldn’t trade that for anything.

*********************************************************************

For the umpteenth time this year, George and I braved Maymont.




It was cold, but sunny and we were the only souls around who weren’t park employees.  The animals came out just for us, calm and almost human-like.  I like to think they missed seeing park guests for the better part of winter.



For some reason, the fox always reminds me of Marshall.  It must be his penchant for a sunny spot to nap.
George and the fox


***********************************************************************

My kitchen sink desperately needed a good scrubbing, so I spent an hour or so one morning with the Clorox bottle and a (now) very white washcloth.




Wala!

By the way, these are the posts that my mother reads with a sigh and thinks, “So this is what seven years of higher education gets you.”

*************************************************************************

Frances with her very first French braid.




It was a messy undertaking with her too short hair and my inability to braid on anyone other than myself.  But she loved it and wore it for the rest of the day.

************************************************************************

And what better way to end a post than with a gorgeous sunset.




I took this picture a week or so ago when we were leaving Frances’s dance studio for the evening.  Each year, around mid-February, you realize the day is suddenly a minute or so longer and every day after that the sun sets a little later.  It won’t be long now until it’s still light outside when Will arrives home.



Maybe.

Happy Friday, everyone!  And happy first day of March - yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment