Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Nine years!

Frances and George are back home from their 'best vacation eva' trip to Nana and Pop's house and I am for the first time in a few days sitting down to my computer to write.  Ahhhh!  Will is home from work (a small miracle) and I hear the pitter-patter sounds from upstairs as he playfully puts the children to bed--books, teeth brushings, kisses, snuggles.  Unsurprisingly, this is my favorite time of the entire day.

Nine years ago, this is what we were doing, laughing our way through the entire event.



And we've been giggling this same way since.

Nine years sounds simultaneously long and short, but there's no doubt we have made the most of our time together.  I am overjoyed at the idea that we are still in the honeymoon phase of life--young children, fairly good knees, friends still getting married, the two of us trying desperately to stay awake until midnight on New Year's Eve.  I get excited about the prospects that lay ahead for us.  Not just decades down the road when the kids have grown and left (*sob*) and we can finally take that month-long European vacation (although that all sounds pretty spectacular); but just days from now.  What lies ahead during the ordinary times in our life; what new way will my heart go "pitter-patter" as Will enters the room after a long day of work; when will we be able to simply hold hands again.  All of that is exciting to me.  The ordinary becomes extraordinary when you are married to your heart's counterpoint (yep, that would be a "Wedding Crashers" reference.  Had to do it).

Happy 9th Anniversary to my counterpoint in life!  I am a lucky, lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment