Thursday, September 29, 2011

A dream is a wish your heart makes

So, I did it.  I actually did something that I swore I would never do before I had Frances (a.k.a., the girly-girl I never was growing up) – I took her to see Disney Princesses on Ice.  It was actually called just Disney on Ice, but try telling Frances that (and considering its primary focus was the appropriately named “Disney Princesses” Frances knew what she was talking about).

Unsurprising to anyone who has ever met my daughter, she loved it.  And quite frankly, so did her mother who seems to be getting choked up these days at the drop of a hat when she experiences things for the first time with her kids.  The lights dim, the music starts, the performers come out, I glance at Frances, and the waterworks begin (for me, not Frances of course).

But enough about my sniveling and on to the pictures!

Frances and me on our way out the door with little bro attached to my hip.  Poor kid looks like he’s really convinced himself he’s coming with us:


At the show!  And just for all of you other amateur mothers out there, if you ever take your girls to Disney on Ice, please let them dress as their favorite princess (or any princess for that matter).  Poor Frances was the only girl under 20-years-old wearing civilian clothes.  Oops.  Thankfully she handled it remarkably well:


First came Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald:


Then came Tiana (from The Princess and the Frog):
I wish I had taken more than one picture of her - she was stunning!

Then came Cinderella (my personal favorite!):
The top left picture is in honor of my sister Katherine, who Frances calls her "fairy godmother."

And Rapunzel closed the show:

The pictures cannot do this show justice.  It was breathtaking how high these skaters flew up in the air.


Thankfully, Ariel (Frances’s favorite) made a quick appearance:

Afterwards, we headed to Mexico Restaurant for Frances’s favorite dinner out – “Cheese and Chips!”  Can you blame her?






And yes, I’m certain we’ll be going again when the tour comes back through Richmond.  Frances has already picked out her costume for the next time around:

This picture is almost a year old, but her joy hasn't faded a bit.  Sniff!


No comments:

Post a Comment