Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ten years later




I think that picture adequately sums it all up.


Will had his tenth (TENTH?!) law school reunion this weekend, so we packed up the family and made the sixty minute trek back to Charlottesville, the city with so many memories for both of us (where we met, where Will proposed, where his car broke down on our first date … really, the list is endless).

Many of Will’s classmates made it back to the reunion, which was no small feat considering some of them traveled cross country (and some of those with children) and almost everyone came from much farther distances than we did.  It was great to see everyone again, although admittedly my role this weekend was very kid-centric.  Thankfully, the reunion plans a great time for their youngest attendees, too, so we were not short of things to do with Frances and George.

Saturday morning romp through UVa’s main grounds:



I will never get tired of strolling through this campus.  Beautiful, historic architecture around every corner, lovely even on a rainy morning:




Saturday picnic lunch:




I have to preface these next shots with the short anecdote that after walking through main grounds for an hour and a half, Frances assured us she was more tired “than EVER” and she was “NEVER” walking again.  The giant inflatable slide, moon bounce, airbrushed tattoos and cotton candy may have contributed to her instantaneous second wind:




Saturday night, I stayed at the hotel with the kids while Will attended his class dinner:

Such a great group!


Sunday morning promised more food and friends at the law school:



And now we are all exhausted, dirty, and happy to be home.  It was a great trip, but I think the activities and late nights took its toll on the kids, particularly George who just experienced his fourth major meltdown of the day (from his crib no less.  I mean, kid, you’re in the bed.  Just close your eyes and go to sleep, for crying out loud).

And now I am going to take my own advice and go to bed (for crying out loud).  I think I’ll need all of the energy I can muster tomorrow for my own little lawyers-in-the-making.



Here’s to another ten!  We miss everyone already!

No comments:

Post a Comment