Friday, May 3, 2013

One year and one week


It's been that long since we lost our Max.



I'm amazed at how many milestones our family has hit since then--Kindergarten for Frances, preschool for George, and can we really have spent all last summer without our gentle giant roaming around with us in the backyard?



In all honesty, I feel like he's been here the whole time.  Not a day goes by that we don't talk about Max in some way.  Frances always includes him in her family drawings.  And his shadowbox of memorabilia is still standing proud in our main room.



Marshall has settled well into his role of "solo dog."  We're home so much that he's rarely alone and at 12-years-old, he probably needed to slow down a bit anyway.





If I think too much about Max, particularly his last moments of life, I still get upset.  So I just don't do that.  I focus on those five wonderful years we had with him and what we loved most about that little fur ball.  I don't shy away from talking about him with the kids because they still love him, too.  And as we enter into year two without him, Max is no less a part of our sweet family.



We miss you, Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment