Saturday, January 21, 2012

Doing?

That’s George’s way of asking, “What are you doing?”  Except he just says, “Mommy doing.”  And now that I think about it, it’s not really question as much as a statement.  So, here’s a little of what we’ve all been “doing” recently.

Play date with the Homiller cousins:


Trey and Justin spent the recent long weekend with Grandma and Grandpa and came over for a visit that Saturday.  Frances and George were in heaven.

Beauty and the Beast:


I have no pictures to prove it, but Frances and I recently ventured out for our second movie date to see Disney’s Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  She ate it up along with her own life-sized popcorn, only to come home and inhale all of her dinner.  There is no doubt she and her brother have inherited Daddy’s wooden leg.  I have no idea where they put it all.

Colonial Williamsburg:


Every January, the Virginia Bar Association has their annual meeting in Colonial Williamsburg and Will and I have attended since 2005, my first January as an attorney.  Even during the dreariest of January days (and some of them are downright dreary), Colonial Williamsburg is enchanting.  Frances and George are still a little young to appreciate the history, but they love to run around its grounds and talk with the ‘locals.’ 




This was my first conference as a non-participant and I loved it.  There was no pressure to mingle, take CLEs or sign up for the latest committee project.  Maybe for the first time since leaving work almost a year ago I didn’t feel ashamed of my choice – rather, I felt like the lucky one in the room.  A new year indeed.

Private lesson:


Gram-E and Mr. Pyles took Frances to another cooking class where she had the place to herself.  It’s too bad she didn’t enjoy herself.



And I can’t close this post without wishing my youngest godson a happy, happy 1st birthday!



We were able to escape Williamsburg just in time to help him celebrate today.  Happy Birthday Justin!

And Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment