Monday, January 30, 2012

Visitors

This weekend we were lucky enough to have Eileen and Rosie descend upon the madness that is our house for two straight nights – and it was wonderful!

Rosie, Eileen (we missed you, Sara!!), Frances, George and Marshall


Not surprisingly Frances and George loved them.  “Eee-line” (as George calls Eileen) and Rosie are exceptionally sweet and good with the kids, particularly since neither of them have rugrats of their own.  Yet.



Admittedly, the best part of the weekend for me was two girls’ nights out IN A ROW!  Of course, when you are in your 30s a girls’ night out consists of a 6 o’clock dinner at Chili’s, a 10 o’clock bedtime, and lots of gabbing in between.  And doesn’t that sound just about perfect?



Will was kind enough to roll out the red carpet for our guests.
Typical Hampden-Sydney graduate.


Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm totally jealous! I want to be sitting there with my pjs on with the red-carpet Randolph College welcome! (I think Jamison must also be an undercover HSC alum, as he works in references to "Randolph College" as often as possible. I got a good chuckle from Will's sign.)

    Aside from my jealousy, I'm so glad you guys got to hang out and do the new-and-improved version of girls' night out. It's the very best kind, in my opinion! (No being tired and hungover the next day, right?)

    Can I also just add that I love Frances and her wardrobe add-ons? Sister's got style to spare. And, also, George has quite possibly my favorite expressions from a little one. He looks like he always knows something that the rest of us suckers don't. (Now that I write that, he and my own Will are kindred spirits...)

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara! We missed YOU, girly (I suppose it would be wrong of me to refer to you as "fat face" although I am certain that nickname would have come up at least once during that weekend). And yes, you are totally correct - George knows far more than the rest of us, including who runs the show in the Homiller house. And that would also be George.

    ReplyDelete