Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A different kind of election


This is an apolitical blog, so I will not talk about the presidential election yesterday.  Not because I am an apolitical person—far from it actually.  Will will probably laugh hysterically at the thought of me suppressing any of my rational, logical and 100% correct viewpoints for any extended period of time.  But I know that my favorite reads (other than political reads of course) are those that do not divide their audience.  So in an effort to do the same, I bring you a very different kind of election today.  And, I think you’ll agree, a much more adorable one at that:



George’s preschool participated in a scarecrow contest fundraiser at the local historical home, Agecroft Hall.



In a cold but beautiful fall morning last weekend, we visited the exhibit located on the grounds of Agecroft.



With a view of the James River, a maze, and beautiful gardens is it any wonder that Frances assumed this was an actual castle where an actual princess must have lived.

The garden maze was suspiciously lacking in wall height, but what a time saver.



Lemon trees?  In Virginia?  In November?

I loved these beehives, especially since they contained no actual bees.

Frances rolling, George watching.

I could get used to that view.


The scarecrows did not disappoint (although I didn’t take nearly as many pictures of them as I should have):

I loved this one - so clever!


Will's old stomping ground.

The Headless Horseman was pretty neat.



But our votes went to George’s school’s scarecrow. 



In all honesty, I really did think it was the best.  Not that we’re biased or anything.



Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment