Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First day!



Oh man; if you can't tell by my puffy eyes, I was a mess this morning.  Frances, of course, was the antithesis of her mother--poised, confident, and ready to let go of my hand.  As soon as she gave me one more hug, thankfully.




All of the neighborhood elementary school kids.  We have an amazing bunch of young families in our area that I'm just beginning to know now that our kids are growing.



After the bus left and I took a couple of deep breaths, George and I had a quiet morning of cleaning, errands, and a walk around the block.

Throwing rocks in the creek near our house

Taking a rest.

In action

This child is a pure joy to be around when he is alone--talkative, sweet, attentive, gentle, and fairly obedient.  All bets were off, however, once big sister came home; they both resumed their sibling roles immediately, which neither one appreciated.  I seem to remember this from last year too, though and it passed fairly quickly.  Transition back into the school year (spending less time together) is just as hard as transition into summer (spending all day together).

Tomorrow starts another day and Monday starts George's school.  Mommy is ready; George may need more convincing.



Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment