Sunday, September 30, 2012

George's birthday weekend


All I need to show you is one picture …



…for you to know that George had about the best birthday a three-year-old could have.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.  George’s birthday landed on a Friday this year, which meant no school (he was devastated, as you may imagine), so I asked him where he wanted to go for the day.  His pick?  Maymont Park.



I secretly jumped up and down inside.  It was a gorgeous morning and I love, love, love walking around Maymont in the early fall.




We spent the morning looking at the animals.





And even met a new friend.





After we picked Frances up from school, they begged to go to Monkey Joe’s (which they often do) and I almost said no (which I often do), but then I thought “it’s George’s birthday, it’s a rainy afternoon, and it would completely wear them out.  Why not?!”



Little did they know what was in store for them the next day.  Unfortunately, this is where my picture-taking became very spotty because I have almost zero images of George’s birthday celebration, which started with a lunch with Nana and Pop (yep, no picture) and a dinner cookout with almost all of the rest of the family.

James, Henry and Katherine

Henry, Kerrin and Baby Maggie

Baby Justin



The highlight of the party was the giant moon bounce (I had no idea it was going to be quite that huge), which kept the kids jumping and sweaty for nearly five straight hours.



We capped the evening off with some Cars cake.



I’d say this now three-year-old had a pretty fantastic weekend.  




And the rest of us are completely worn out.





Including Marshall, who spent this morning recovering the mudroom dirty clothes basket.  It's hard work trying to steal food off of 15 people's plates.  A dog's job is never done.


Thank you to all of our family who could make it this weekend!  And happy Sunday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment