Thursday, September 20, 2012

My latest obsession


Hello, my name is Lucy, and I am addicted to drawer liner.



This small, putty colored roll may look innocent in print; but it should not be underestimated, my friends.  It can turn the ordinary:



Into pure wonderfulness:



Ahhhhhhh:



You think I jest?  But, I’ve even resorted to lining the drawers that don’t show the liner:



Do you see the liner?  Nope?  It’s there, I assure you.

I love this stuff.  It makes my (let’s face it) cheapo kitchen drawers look a little more posh.  Plus, it prevents all of the utensils from sliding to the back of the drawer every single time I open it.  Please tell me this is someone else’s pet peeve, too.



See, no sliding!  I am in love.

Some of you may be thinking this drawer lining is about as exciting as watching paint dry.  Well, you’d be right!






Only one more coat!  I knew you’d be as excited as I am about that little nugget of information.


One of the perks of lining your drawers is finding hidden gems in the waaaaay back (other than those near-petrified “crumbs” that you wonder long they’ve been there and then just as quickly push the question out of your mind because the answer is probably too frightening to know).



Birthday candles and matches!  Perfect to use in eight days when my little monkey turns 3:



Please, someone stop time before I lose my mind.  Or start lining more drawers.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy! I think you may have just discovered my latest obsession too! I am just itching to get into my new house and line every single drawer! Love them! :)

    btw - I never commented on your pacifier post but was so happy to read about it. Kole is beyond addicted to his and every time I think about taking it away I just CAN'T do it. I'm weak. He knows it and I know it. Fingers crossed he'll start chewing through his too! HA! You lucked out big time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin - I totally got off easy on the paci thing. But don't worry, George throws me daily curve balls to make it up : ) The drawer lining has just recently morphed into cabinet lining, too. Be careful, it could happen to you! Hope you guys are well!

      Delete