Sunday, December 30, 2012

Our week


Frances spent the past few days with Nana and Pop in Lynchburg while George and I bonded through our mutual love of Christmas music and napping.  It’s a toss-up as to who had more fun:

Frances and Marie-Grace unpacking from their long trip.  Both of these girls have a better wardrobe than me.


At one point during her stay, Frances told Nana that she loved her more than she loved me “because you let me have butter on everything and my mommy never does.”  The honesty of a five-year-old.

That would be hot chocolate with sugar cubes in it, of course.


But when she wasn’t indulging in butter sandwiches, butter oatmeal, and butter everything (apparently), Frances was pampered to the nines with her first trip to a real beauty salon.



George did get to have some fun, particularly when we visited Monkey Joes with cousin Trey.



Both equally fascinated/frightened.




But just like all good things, the “only child for a week” for both had to end.  I couldn’t be happier to have my girl back home.  And after a few reentry fights and toy arguments, the kids couldn’t be happier to be together again.



At least until next year.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment