Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


Wishing you all a wonderful 2013 from all of us crazy Homillers!



2012 was a fantastic year for our little brood.  We lost our younger fuzz ball, Max, and still find ourselves sad in our observance of his absence (the good news of course, is that Marshall has become the lucky recipient of extra attention and extra dog bones.  Don’t think he doesn’t notice).  But overall I can say with great confidence that this past year was my favorite one yet.  Every day, I get to wake up in a lovely house, kiss my sweet, thoughtful husband good morning and spend the day with my adorable, (mostly) well-behaved children while juggling such life-ending struggles as what to make for dinner, what blog post to write next, and how should I best organize that cabinet in the corner.  Believe me when I say that I had no intention of using my college and law degrees in this way; but I also could not be happier doing it.

For my 2013 New Year’s resolution, I am aiming to be more patient.  Because while I do lead a fairly charmed life, those same adorable, (mostly) well-behaved children can sometimes make me want to check in to the nearest loony bin just so I can get a little peace and quiet.  But if the last month of 2012 has taught me anything it is that every single day with your family, your friends, your children, and your husband is a blessing and we should try our best not to take them for granted.  And while I will continue to run a tight ship in our house, I can certainly use a lesson in the art of taking a deep breath, slowing down, and counting to ten before I correct behavior.

NYE date night courtesy of my parents - thank you!!


Here’s a THANK YOU for a wonderful 2012 and a wish for a happy, healthy and patient 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment