Friday, January 11, 2013

Our week


The days since Christmas have been fairly uneventful and (dare I say) a little boring.  But that’s just how I like my New Year to begin.  We have 11 more months of excitement--trips, lessons, camps, and commitments--and I’ll relish in the chilly, dull days of January as much as I can.

Including, an ordinary weekday stop in Starbucks with my favorite three-year-old:


 Such a demure little boy.

*****************************************************************
Saturday morning play accessories:



Do kids ever need more than a laundry basket, Lightening McQueen, and a stuffed bunny to keep themselves entertained for a good hour?  I hope not.

********************************************************************

Frances, George and Daddy checking on our itinerary for our upcoming summer trip to Disney World:



Flights are booked, Princess tea is reserved, hotel is (almost) done.  It’s official!

********************************************************************
George and me on a typical outing to the park.





Every cell in my body is happier when we can spend an hour (or more) outside.  I think the same can be said for George.



***********************************************************************

During the after-Christmas sales, I picked up this great bench seat from Target for a steal.




It was exactly what I was looking for to help organize Frances’s many doll accessories that had taken over her bedroom.

Frances thought it was the perfect unit to house her stuffed dogs.






 I have yet to "clean" this up.  This is where no amount of organization training can help me.
*************************************************************************


And speaking of Frances, since she is underrepresented in pictures these days I can’t help but share one of her drawings from school:




My favorite is the lion, but I also love the picture of her rescuing one of her friends from a mud puddle.  I think it is safe to say that she has inherited my sister’s incredible artistic ability (and thankfully, not her mother’s).

*************************************************************************


George and his indoor playground pals:




We have the greatest (free!) indoor playground at the local mall.  These kids have been playing together since I stopped working almost two years ago.  (Wait, did I just say that?)

**********************************************************************
I finally finished a shadowbox for Max’s memorabilia (so sorry for the crummy picture):



It contains his collar, favorite red ball, paw print impression and tuft of hair.  He’s sitting in the room where our family spends the most time, just like he would in life.  We miss you, Max!

And a happy Friday to you all!  I’m ready for the promised mild weather this weekend and some much-needed Will time.

No comments:

Post a Comment